Our first week was a little bit special. We arrived on Saturday September 3rd. Most of the other foreign students arrived on Sunday September 4th. American and Canadian students arrived on Monday 5th, the first day of the school year.
During this first week, we didn't have classes. It was a kind of immersion week which enabled us to get to know other students and teachers.
At Kents Hill, students are divided in 5 categories:
- Freshmen --> first year students
- Sophomores --> second year students
- Juniors --> third year students
- Seniors --> last year students
- P.G. (Postgraduates) --> graduated students who are preparing for the university
We could enjoy a lot of activities. For example:
- Little games to know each other
- Tubbing (2 persons in 2 big rubber ring, pulled up by a boat, it's great !!!)
It's not under a tent where we spent our nights, but in small wooden houses.
And finally, the last day, we went to Cabbage Island (2 hours by car and 45 minutes by boat) to eat the famous lobsters (speciality of Maine), 2 lobsters per student, what a delight! And for the ones who didn't like lobsters, they had half a chicken!